Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas...
Here I sit on Friday morning, still feeling quite full from yesterday's Thanksgiving feast! If you have been reading my blog very long you know that I love, love, love decorating for holidays and Christmas is my very favorite! This year I used all of my restraint and at least waited till the week of Thanksgiving to haul out the Christmas goodies. Here are some of my favorite vintage ornaments. Most of them have been gifts from my sweet mama. They looked so beautiful sitting in this basket together that I almost didn't want to take them out to put them on the tree! They are addicting, I think. I feel the need to go out and find some more! They are so charming and pretty! Even my dear husband and little guys love them. As you can see, I did finally put them on the tree. I adore my white tree! I think it really makes the ornaments stand out and it literally glows when the lights are on, especially at night. It looks magical! I used a vintage grandmother's garden quilt for a tree skirt. It was a gift from my sweet mama last year for Christmas. This is one of my favorites. Gorgeous shape, gorgeous colors and,of course, glitter!
See how sparse it looks? All those empty spots? I need more, more, more! Oh dear, I think I have officially become a vintage ornament addict!Here is another one of my favorites. Please excuse my camera reflected in the ornament. I haven't yet perfected my amateur photography skills!I love the cute little star shaped Santa. A darling snowman I won last year from the lovely and talented Dawn of The Feathered Nest.
And this adorable Mary Engelbreit ducky is baby Dylan's favorite.Alright, enough tree shots. On to my Merry Little Christmas corner. I just love it! Such a happy little spot!Pink, aqua, white, glitter and vintage!!! I could stare at this all day. I may need to rearrange my furniture so that I can do just that. It's a lot prettier than my big black t.v.!I found the little houses at Hobby Lobby the past couple of years. The were plain cardboard houses and I painted and glittered them. Now I really wish I had bought more!!!The collage I made a few years ago. It's made with a photo of my sweet mama when she was little. Her daddy built that wonderful little igloo for her and her brothers. What a good daddy!The cute vintage lamp I found at Goodwill for 2.99! I just had to add a shade. I can't believe I almost didn't buy it! Love this sweet pink cottage under the cloche, but I think it needs one more thing... maybe a tiny little snowman?
Under the table I tucked my aqua bench. When I found it was a very dark red, so I pulled out my robin's egg blue craft paint and made it pretty!
Silver sparkly picks, aqua beads, a crocheted lace linen and some pretty presents dress up the bench and add some holiday cheer!Now if only there were actually presents in these boxes... I'm sure they would be lovely vintage ones if there were.Thanks for joining me on this Merry Little Christmas tour!
I've still got to do a little more decorating in the rest of the house. I should probably get it done now while everyone else is still sleeping.

Today I'm linking up with Sugar Pink Boutique's Friday Fun link up party, Deck the Halls Friday with Tinsel and Company and Vintage Inspiration Friday with Debra at Common Ground. Also I wanted to let you know about the 12 Days of Holiday Giveaways over on the Where Women Create blog. Each day, from now through December 12th, the site will feature four artists who are giving away four fabulous prizes. Be sure to check it out here.
Michelle xoxo

33 comments:

Blessed Serendipity said...

I know what you mean about vintage ornaments becoming so addictive. The more the merrier...right? I have my white tree up and it is decorated with the same sort of ornaments as yours. Everything looks so pretty and magical Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

xo,
Danielle

Betty said...

Such a pretty post! The "faux" presents on your turquoise bench caught my eye....I'm starting up a linky party called Wednesday Wrap Party and would love it if you would want to share more about them there. Warm Hugs,

Unknown said...

oh-so-beautiful! i MUST get started on decking MY halls now! swoon...

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Your tree looks great and I love the white with the quilt skirt underneath. Getting me in the holiday spirit. We are getting our tree tomorrow and then the festivities begin!

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Michelle!

I love these vintage ornaments too! They do look so pretty in the basket! Your tree is lovely and the little quilt is perfect underneath. I love your little houses, and those aqua beads! Oh, please tell me where you found them! Everything is soooo purty!

Hugs,
Debbie

Holly Loves Art said...

Oh what fun it is to see your beautiful holiday decor! JUST STUNNING! And no, I don't think it's too sparse at all but I can understand wanting more! So funny because I just did a post about my Barbie tree and mentioned that I have too many and can't fit them all on the tree! haha

Hope you had a marvelous Thanksgiving. Happy holidays!

Hugs,
Holly

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Everything looks just beautiful!
I too love vintage ornaments and can never have enough!

The Old Parsonage said...

I LOVE all the vinatagey goodness you have going on. I've contemplated a white tree that target had last year.

Enjoy the season!

Leann

Unknown said...

Everything looks just perfect! Loving the colors...and those ornaments!
I am having a giveaway on my blog and would love to see you enter!
Daisy~

Corey said...

so, so pretty! I wish I had a white tree! I hung my vintage ornaments on an extra fake tree we have (away from little hands), but they just don't sparkle the way the do on a white tree!

Suz said...

it is all totally lovely!
Suz

CATHY said...

Everything is beautiful! I am in the middle of moving so no decorations for me this year - boo hoo! I may hop back over to your blog when I need my Christmas fix : )

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!~ So much beauty in your home, I can hardly stand it! First I opened your blog (visiting from Common Ground's party) and the header just took my breath. Then on the ornaments, the tree, the table, the decorations ... I love every single bit of it! Thanks so much for sharing with us!

Mary

" SHABBY JUNK" said...

Thanku I love all your white and Aqua Christmas things!

Donna said...

What a beautiful post, Michelle! I can't believe that I just now found your wonderful blog, and I'm your newest follower:) Your tree and decorations are perfection, wish I could talk my hubby into a white tree! And I love your cute little houses, and pretty pink packages, too! It's all so lovely!!!

Astréor said...

I love your blog. It's wonderful !!! Je me suis permis de le mettre à l'honneur sur mon blog et j'ai mis un lien avec ton blog. Bisous. Astréor

MelMel said...

Gosh your home is so sweet and charming!

I'll be back...joined the followers list!x

Linda V said...

Beautiful colors! I love how you have decorated.
Merry Christmas!
Linda
http://homesweetquiltinghome.blogspot.com

Sheila said...

I love that little Christmas corner you have set up. So beautiful! I'm really behind in my decorating this year but hopefully this weekend I'll get some done.

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

Your wonderment is like a fantasy you want to keep looking at. Lovely.
Merry christmas.

susan salyer

Anonymous said...

…....... /)
……... ( , )
….….|░░░|
……..|░░░|☆ merry _(♥)_
…..@|░░░|¸.¤“˜¨christmas.
.¨˜“¤|░░ഐ¤ª@“˜¨¨
…¨˜“გª¤.¸::¸.¤ª☆“˜¨¨happy new year.
…¤¸*¸.¤ª“˜@¨¨¨***2012****.
*♥*.

patchworkandlace said...

Your blog and home are so lovelyx

DEBBIE said...

Love your vintage Christmas decorations!

chateau de fleurs said...

hi Michelle, your vintage decorations are so lovely, you are one creative lady! Have a wonderful Christmas Season, full of Love, peace and Joy! XO Christie

Unknown said...

MICHELLE, THANKS FOR STOPPING BY. CAN'T WAIT TO MEET YOU. I THINK WE ARE KINDRED SPIRITS, HAVE TO ADMIT WE WILL NOT MAKE GOOD SHOPPING BUDDIES, GOT THE SAME TASTE. HAVE BEEN PINNING FROM YOU LIKE CRAZY, CHECK CHARLENE GRAYS'S BOARDS. I CAN'T WAIT TO START WORKING IN ALL THE VALENTINES IDEAS I HAVE GOTTEN OUT OF PINTEREST. HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND BLESSED NEW YEAR.

lindaharre said...

I simply love your white tree and the turquoise and pink......over the moon!!!!! Hope you have a wonderful holiday season.....can't wait to see what you come up with for the New Year:D

Miss Gracie's House said...

Love all of the vintage ornaments! Merry Christmas to you too!
Rene

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Love all the vintage ornaments. And your tree!

Mary B. in Texas said...

I loved all of your vintage decorating. Your home looks beautiful for the holidays! I, too, like the same things that you do. I enjoy reading your blogs and wish you would write more frequently, even though I know you are busy, busy, busy with your little boys.
Here's hoping. . . .
Mary B.

Joy for the Journey said...

Love, love, LOVE your decorations!
Sarah :)

lindaharre said...

Thanks for visiting my blog....but....I am missing your inspiration lately! Hope all is well with you:D

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

Oh Michelle....Your collection of mercury glass balls is D.I.V.I.N.E....There's just NOTHING being produced today that compares to the MAGIC of Vintage Christmas is there....!!!!!

Cheers,
Tamarah :o)

Rebecca @ Belle Blog said...

I love your pretty white tree... very shabby chic. Think I'm going to make a darling chalkboard for our house too... love that idea. Everything looks so festive and beautiful!

Rebecca♥