Thursday, September 22, 2011

Happy Fall!
Hello, dear friends! I didn't intend to be absent so long, but sometimes I just get out of the blogging groove. I thought I would share some of the Fall decorating I've been doing around my little cottage. My newest finds inspired me to do my hutch in black and white.
I found a cute little black suitcase, crochet doily, flashcards, cream pitcher, an adorable alarm clock and the fabulously huge letter R! I also found this cute musical flash card and the black satin bow tie.
On top of my t.v. cabinet I used white, cream, red, brown and oranges. Not my usual pastels and neutrals, but they are so cozy and warm for fall.I love the scents of the fall candles and the velvet leaf and berry picks add such richness! I used some old books for lifts, brown tansferware, vintage clock faces, and of course I had to spell out Autumn with my scrabble letters! I so love decorating for seasons and holidays! Oh, who am I kidding? I love decorating for any, every and NO reason at all! Next up I'm going to try to do some spooky Halloween decor. But not too spooky, I don't want to scare my little guys! Now I'm off to enjoy blogs and spend too much time on my favorite pastime, Pinterest!!! So inspiring and so very addicting!
Michelle xoxo

12 comments:

Tina said...

Your displays and fall decorations are so pretty Michelle. Thanks for sharing.
Have a wonderful weekend.
xo Tina

Passionate for White said...

Welcome back!

Denise said...

Hi Michelle,Love your decor.Love your talent to dress up the home.

Unknown said...

well welcome back! it was worth the wait...your fall vignette is lovely!!!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Love Fall and fall decorating too!
Deb

Blessed Serendipity said...

Everything looks so pretty as usual. I have missed you, welcome back.

Danielle

The Polka Dot Closet said...

YOu did a great job, I have so much trouble adding orange and brown to my pink and white...You did it perfect!!

Carol

Anonymous said...

It's all beautiful ! Glad you're back.


Kristen

Unknown said...

I love your cozy, pretty autumn decor! Happy Fall! Heidi

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hello sweet Michelle! You have been missed! I love to add some of the richer colors to my pink and white too. Your looks so pretty. It does make it look so warm and cozy doesn't it? Hope your little guys are doing well, and liking being back at school.

Hugs,
Debbie

vintagesue said...

i know what you mean michelle. i get out of the blogging mood too...especially when we move. i feel like all the stuff in my life is chaotic and not cute anymore...lol.
anyway...your displays are adorable and i love that you used all those rich orange tones!!! i'm starting to use a lot of color these days. thanks for the inspiration!!!
take care!!!!
sue

June said...

Very addicting indeed Michelle. I have caught the bug bad too. Just so many great ideas out there to miss.

I love your Fall decor girl, so cute. The clocks are too cool!!!

hugs from here...

I'll be looking forward to your Halloween decorations too.